Friday, February 04, 2005

 

Great Books

I am always looking for great books to read and my readers often suggest books. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I try to read all the books that kids recommend.

What to read?

I really liked Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo. I couldn't believe how creative is was.

I also liked the Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke. The book is set in Venice, a city I love. So it was fun to revisit Venice in fiction.

I especially enjoyed a book that was all poetry called Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson, but I am a poet myself and so I am prejudiced in that direction. It was very clever.

Surviving the Applewhites by Stephanie Tolan had great characters.

I enjoyed the Secret School by Avi.

Readers recommended the following book. I read them all and liked them:

Avi, Beyond the Western Seas (two volumes)
Patricia Reilly Giff, Nory Ryan's Song
Fever 1793

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?