Monday, February 28, 2005

 

Half Marathon, Been There, Done That

Yesterday I jogged the thirteen miles that comprised the Colonial Half Marathon. I actually did it!

The run was much more difficult than I anticipated. It seems like we went up and down every hill in the greater Williamsburg area. However, in spite of the rugged trail, I completed the run in two hours and 56 minutes, only one minute off my previous 13-mile training run on a more forgiving route.

Finishing the race was a celebration of being able to breathe. Two years ago, I suffered from recurring pneumonia and much of the time walking was a challenge. I am very thankful for my good health. There may have been other 60-year-old women in the race, but I did not see any among the 1200 participants. In fact, I jogged for quiet a while alongside a 24-year-old campus minister.

I'm a bit tired today, but I have suffered no ill effects from the race. I am convinced it went so well because of all training I have been doing in the last few months.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?