Wednesday, February 09, 2005

 

Imaginary Friends

In Time Magazine (Feb. 14, 2005)there is an article called "The Power of Make-Believe." Recent studies show that imaginary friends do not indicate a lonely or crazy kid. In fact, 65% of children at some time play with imaginary friends.

The articles suggests that children with imaginary friends may have an advantage over kids that don't. Kids with imaginery friends may be smarter and more creative than children without them.

The researchers have also studied fiction writers and have found that authors often relate to their characters the same way that children relate to imaginary playmates.

I know this is true since I become attached to my characters. They are very real to me. In fact, I often feel like they are my children.

So if you have imaginary friends, you may be a writer someday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?