Saturday, February 12, 2005

 

More on Imaginary Friends

A reader wrote the following: "My daughter had an imaginary friend, Jimmy, who was a great playmate, tea party guest, and occasionally took the blame for breaking things. I also had to be careful not to squash him when I sat down on a chair at mealtime."

From this week's New Yorker: The only woman ever inducted into the Academie Francaise, Marguerite Youcenar "often voiced the conviction that her characters actually existed and lived with her, but there was no character she felt closer to than Zeno. He was a brother to her. . . Once, weirdly, she recalled going to a bakery and leaving Zeno there; she had to go back and get him, she said."

As a child, I never had an imaginary friend. I am making up for it now!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?