Saturday, March 19, 2005

 

Poisoned Dwarf, Rawls Byrd, and Final Battle

On Saint Patrick's Day, an Irish band named Poisoned Dwarf played at the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center. What a great group! I purchased their new CD, Six Shades of Green. They played all kinds of neat instruments, such as smallpipes and whistles. They have a vocalist and a percussionist. All together they produce foot-stomping, delightful music.

I'm sure kids must think that the only music I like is classical since I've had a couple of postings about classical music. That's not true at all. I like most kinds of music, and I highly recommend Poisoned Dwarf.

That evening I attended the book fair at Rawls Byrd Elementary School. It was mobbed. I signed lots of book and enjoyed meeting readers. The Media Center at Rawls Byrd under the direction of Viky Pedigo is a favorite place to visit. There is always a lot of fun things going on for kids.

Friday night I was delighted to present awards to the winners of the Regional Battle of the Books. Congratulations to Newport News in the fourth and fifth grade contest and to Poquoson in the upper division. Poquoson edged ahead of Williamsburg to win 37 to 36. What an exciting contest!

Congratlutaions to all the kids who participated in the Battle of the Books. You read great books and were able to answer questions in front of a large audience. You are all winners!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?