Wednesday, March 09, 2005

 

The Wonder of Mozart

A kind neighbor gave us tickets to an all Mozart choral concert. Eight-six members of the Williamsburg Choral Guild sang Mozart's Requiem and Missa Brevis in d minor. They were accompanied by a 26-piece orchestra and four outstanding soloists sang the appropriate parts.

I did not see a single kid in the huge audience and I felt very bad about this because the program was so powerful. It was the kind of experience that fills the listener with wonder and awe. It just about knocked my socks off.

I never was exposed to classical music growing up and I didn't take any music classes in college. But I aways suspected that I was missing something. It was only in middle age that I took a couple of music classes. And yes, I was missing a whole wonder-filled world. I hope any kids reading this will not wait as long as I did to become acquainted with classical music.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?