Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

Treated Like Royality



My visit to Mebane, North Carolina was very special. Everyone was so nice, I felt like royality. I was taken out for a delicious dinner the night before my day at Woodlawn Middle School by the family of a loyal reader, Bailey Pennington. Bailey likes designing clothes and I was delighted to see her many creative costumes.








The next morning I was amazed to see my name out in front of the school and on a big poster at the library. My visit was even mentioned in the morning announcements.




Librarian Kim Scarlett, her able assistant Barbara Hestetune, and parent Marie Pennington did everything possible to make my visit a success. Not only was I treated to a tasty lunch, but I also had plenty of water and snacks to see me through the day.

I spoke two sixth grade groups, a seventh grade group, and an eighth grade group. I told them how I became a writer, talked about my books, and discussed tips for students to improve their writing. The students provided great input. I especially liked their innovative ideas for getting their characters out of a dangerous situations. I hope they enjoyed meeting me as much as I enjoyed visiting Woodlawn Middle School.

Special thanks to Pennington Plumbing for supporting my visit to the school.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?