Wednesday, July 05, 2006

 

Great Summer Reading

I attended the annual May Hill Arbuthnot lecture in Williamsburg on April 28. The speaker was Russell Freedman, the award-winning children's author. He happened to mention that his favorite author when growing up was Howard Pease. My husband chimed in to stay that he had loved books by Howard Pease too.

Fascinated, I tried to get a Howard Pease book from the Williamsburg Regional Library. However, I had to order one through inter-library loan since Pease's books were published mostly in the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s. Many were availalbe through inter-library loan. I picked The Ship without a Crew for no special reason other than I liked the title.

If you are looking for tales of adventures on the high seas, check out Howard Pease. A little effort on your part could pay big dividends in enjoyment.

For more information:

http://www.aandc.org/research/biblio_pease_h.htm

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?