Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

Writing Update

Readers have asked that I say something about my writing.

Kids' book four, Lili's Gift, is at the publisher. I haven't received the galleys yet on it. Each of my books has taken about 18 months to appear after they have been accepted for publication. Usually, each book goes through two galleys before it is ready to be published. During this cooperative process between copy editors and the author, any and all errors in the text are eliminated. At the same time selected readers will be asked for endorsements and I'll work with the illustrator on the cover.

Kids' book five, Between the Lines, is in the umpteenth draft. It still hasn't reached its final form, but it is getting close.

Kids' book six, untitled, is in its first draft.

Finding time for writing is never easy. I enjoy meeting the public at books signings and corresponding with readers and other writers.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?