Monday, August 07, 2006

 

Hunter/Ben

Hunter who lives in Western Virginia asked to be a character in one of my books. I explained that in order to write about him, I had to know more about him. I sent him questions and he carefully answered them.

Hunter likes to sing, dance, and act. He has a dog named Cocoa and I was especially interested to hear about two of his grandparents. Hunter is thirteen and loves to READ.

Since Hunter is a popular name today, I asked him to choose a more historic name. He chose Ben. Hunter/Ben especially likes Civil War and Revolutionary War history. He wanted to be a character in one of my books set during those times. However, shortly after Hunter/Ben sent me his profile, I began a new book, set in the twentieth century (kids' book six). Since I knew all about Hunter/Ben, a character named Ben, based on Hunter, emerged and plays an important role in my newest book.

Where would I be without my readers?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?