Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

Reflections on the Novel Writing Challenge

I believe that everyone is creative, and it is not surprising that a record number of participants [79,000 people]took part in National Novel Writing Month. The challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month.

The days of our lives speed by. We are caught up in things we must do and things we want to do. We never seem to have the time to make something new. The novel challenge spurs us to reorder our lives for one month to exercise our creativity.

Completing the challenge was not easy, it meant going to the computer and writing every day whether I felt like it or not. I tried to do 2000 words a day. And many days, I didn't make my goal. I found it exhausting, like running the half marathon, and at times I doubted the value of what I was writing.

Yet, the process was worthwhile. I have written a book in one month. You can do it too! Considering taking part in the challenge next November.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?