Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Two Book Recommendations

I recommend the following books that I liked.

A girl and her mom teamed up under the name of Zizou Corder to write The Lion Boy. It is a fun book, especially if you like cats: big cats, house cats, and alley cats. The only negative thing about this book was that I was unaware that it was planned to be a trilogy. As a result, when I got to the end of the book, I was disappointed that the plot wasn't resolved.

Sing Down the Moon by Scott O'Dell is the story of a Navajo girl named Bright Morning. Slave traders capture her when she is tending her sheep and she must find a way to escape harsh treatment as a slave. Later, she takes part in the Trail of Tears in 1862-1863 when soldiers drove her people from Arizona to New Mexico.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?