Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

Unexpected Gifts

Why is it that gifts people are not required to give (for a birthday or Christmas) are the most special?

When I visited Langley Elementary last week, a girl gave me the little box in the picture, containing a diamond tennis bracelet. I was delighted. How nice! And how unexpected. I shall treasure it always.


Yesterday, the first spring-like day we've had in Virginia this month, I came home to find a package at my door. It was a box of unexpected gifts from a friend, celebrating spring and Easter.


These gifts are so beautifully wrapped, I'm not sure that I can open them. I am probably Williamsburg's worst gift wrapper, but I appreciate the art, and the thought, that went into these gifts.
Sometimes my riches astound me, and they are the kinds of riches no thief can steal.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?