Monday, March 12, 2007

 

Follow the Yellow Arrow!


Yes, this is me with a yellow arrow stuck to my back. Pilgrims on route to Santiago de Compostela, the most famous of the medieval pilgrimages follow yellow arrows along the pilgram route, called the Camino.
The reason I am wearing one is that my husband and I are planning on a pilgrimage to Spain and the shrine of the apostle St. James. We plan to walk 221 miles from Leon to Santiago with all our gear in backpacks.
This last weekend an organization called American Pilgrims on the Camino met in Williamsburg. I learned a lot about what to expect on this great adventure.
As part of the program, the group went to Jamestown for a five mile walk. Since I knew the area, I ended up showing them the way, wearing a yellow arrow.
If you would like to learn more about this pilgrimage, take a look at either or both of these sites: http://www.ricksteves.com/news/tribune/camino_santiago.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_de_Compostela

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?