Friday, April 25, 2008

 

Celebrating National Poetry Month with ARC

The ARC (Association of Intellectually Disabled Children) of Williamsburg is sponsoring a monthly program for adults in Arts and Literature. They asked me to join the group to discuss poetry during National Poetry Month.What a lively, responsive group!



I hope the participants had as much fun as I did!



We discussed poems that explored the senses.



In this picture participants are studying pussy willows that I brought in. We talked about the sense of touch and we found words to describe how pussy willows feel. I followed up with a short poem where a poet emphasized the fuzzy, wuzzy feel of the pussy willow.
I think I have managed to get everyone present in one of the pictures, everyone that is, except Nick, who kindly took the pictures. Thanks Nick!
And thanks ARC for visiting me to your program.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?