Saturday, April 19, 2008

 

A Record Breaking EIGHT Times!

Today I was coming out of Farm Fresh, a local supermarket, pushing my grocery cart when I was thrilled to meet Anna. She is a first grader who had read Lottie's Courage EIGHT times. It is her favorite book. Anna's mom recognized me from years ago when I taught with her in the history department at the College of William and Mary.

Thank you Anna for making my day!

Until I met Anna, Aaron held the record. He read Lottie's Courage FIVE times.

I have been working very hard during the last months on my writing. It is time-consuming, lonely work. Sometimes I wonder if I am wasting my time. Today, thanks to Anna, I was reminded again how great it is to write something that kids enjoy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?