Thursday, July 31, 2008

 

Lottie goes to Africa

One of the wonderful things about being an author is that you never know who is reading what you have written. I'm always thrilled when Lottie travels to far off locations. I've copied an e-mail I received today:

Hi Phyllis,
You may recall having met me during spring break in Williamsburg where you were selling your book. I mentioned that I was traveling to Ghana and would be donating the book to the slave castles at Cape Coast in Ghana. As promised, here is a picture of the slave castles along with the library director, Mr. Yanons holding a copy of your book. Mr. Yankons runs an after school program for over 150 primary and middle school students from the area. Many of these children are the descendents of enslavers as indicated by their British, Dutch and Portuguese last names, as well as descendants of enslaved Africans from the interior and coastal parts of Gha
na.


What a thrill to know that kids in Africa have the chance to read something that I've written!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?